- New Ford Mondeo ST-Line unveiled at the 2016 Goodwood Festival of Speed, U.K.; available to order now with sporty driving dynamics and Ford Performance-inspired styling
- Mondeo ST-Line offers sport suspension, unique body kit and choice of 18- or 19-inch alloy wheel designs; sport seats, perforated leather steering wheel and sporty interior details
- High-power engine options range from 160 PS 1.5-litre to 240 PS 2.0-litre EcoBoost petrols and 150 PS to 210 PS 2.0-litre TDCi diesels. Ford Intelligent All Wheel Drive also available
- Mondeo ST-Line joins Fiesta ST-Line and Focus ST-Line in new range inspired by Ford Performance vehicles and featuring bold styling, sporty driving dynamics and great value
GOODWOOD, U.K., June 23, 2016 – Ford today revealed the sporty new Ford Mondeo ST?Line for the first time, at the 2016 Goodwood Festival of Speed, U.K.
The Mondeo ST-Line is the newest addition to Ford’s recently unveiled ST-Line model range that delivers bold styling inspired by Ford Performance models, and offers a line-up of powerful and efficient EcoBoost petrol and TDCi diesel powertrains offering from 150 PS to 240 PS.
Featuring sport suspension and body styling; unique alloy wheel designs; and sport seats, perforated leather steering wheel and alloy pedals for the interior – the Mondeo ST-Line is available to order now.
The new model joins theon display at Goodwood, where Ford is showing a range of performance vehicles from the Ford GT Le Mans race car to the new Fiesta ST200 hot hatch.
Fiesta ST-Line and Focus ST-Line are both available to order since earlier this month and are designed for customers who aspire to the sporty image of the Ford Performance Fiesta ST and Focus ST hot-hatch models – but do not require the full performance delivered by optimised ST engines and chassis with sports technologies.
“The new Mondeo ST-Line is our sportiest Mondeo since we introduced the Mondeo ST220 model in 2002,” said Roelant de Waard, vice president, Marketing, Sales & Service, Ford of Europe. “Mondeo ST-Line adds another dimension to the broad Mondeo line-up that offers options from the fuel-efficient Mondeo ECOnetic and Mondeo Hybrid models, to the exclusive and upscale Mondeo Vignale.”
The new Mondeo ST-Line is available in four-door, five-door and wagon bodystyles and delivers Ford Performance-inspired styling that includes:
- A honeycomb design for the upper and lower front grilles in high-gloss black; LED daytime running lamps with light tube styling and new rectangular fog lamps
- Front bumper lip spoiler and sculptured side-skirts in body colour; a sports rear bumper with high-gloss black diffuser-style insert; silver tailpipe surrounds*
- A black beltline beneath the windows and ST-Line exterior badging on the front fenders
- A choice of unique new 18-inch alloys wheels with bright machined surface or 19-inch alloy wheels in Rock Metallic Grey
- Sport seats in cloth or optional partial leather with unique red stitching; a perforated leather ST-style steering wheel; and black interior door appliques
- Sports gear knob for manual transmissions and ST-Line scuff plates
- Standard rear roof spoiler for the wagon, and an optional rear roof spoiler for the five-door
As with all models in the new Ford ST-Line range, the Mondeo ST-Line is available only with high-power engine derivatives that complement the enhanced driving dynamics delivered by sport suspension – lowered by 10 mm.
Mondeo ST-Line petrol engine options include:
- 160 PS 1.5-litre EcoBoost with six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission delivering from 136 g/km CO2 emissions and 5.9 l/100 km (47.9 mpg) combined fuel efficiency**
- 203 PS and 240 PS 2.0-litre EcoBoost with six-speed automatic transmission delivering from 171 g/km CO2 and 7.4 l/100 km (38.2 mpg)
Diesel engine options include:
- 150 PS 2.0-litre TDCi with six-speed manual or six-speed PowerShift automatic transmission offering from 112 g/km CO2 and 4.3 l/100 km (65.7 mpg)
- 180 PS and 180 PS 2.0-litre TDCi with six-speed manual or six-speed PowerShift automatic transmission offering from 117 g/km CO2 and 4.5 l/100 km (62.8 mpg)
- 210 PS Bi-turbo 2.0-litre TDCi with six-speed PowerShift automatic transmission delivering from 130 g/km CO2 and 5.0 l/100 km (56.5 mpg)
The Mondeo ST-Line will feature steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters when Ford’s six-speed automatic and PowerShift automatic transmissions are specified, and also is offered with Ford– available for the 150 PS 2.0-litre TDCi diesel with six-speed manual or 180 PS six-speed PowerShift automatic transmission.
The technology delivers a seamless transition of torque between all four wheels to provide a more secure footing on the road especially in slippery conditions and can adjust torque delivery up to 50/50 between the front and rear wheels in under 20 milliseconds – twenty times quicker than it takes to blink.
“With our new ST-Line range even more customers can experience sporty style and driving dynamics inspired by our most exciting Ford Performance line-up ever, that includes models such as the Focus RS, new Fiesta ST200 and Ford GT supercar” de Waard said. “This year we expect to sell 40,000 performance cars in Europe, a 50 per cent increase compared with 2015, which in turn saw performance car sales rise by 61 per cent compared with 2014.”
# # #
* Depending on selected powertrain
** The declared Fuel/Energy Consumptions, CO2 emissions and electric range are measured according to the technical requirements and specifications of the European Regulations (EC) 715/2007 and (EC) 692/2008 as last amended. Fuel consumption and CO2 emissions are specified for a vehicle variant and not for a single car. The applied standard test procedure enables comparison between different vehicle types and different manufacturers. In addition to the fuel efficiency of a car, driving behaviour as well as other non-technical factors play a role in determining a car's fuel/energy consumption, CO2 emissions and electric range. CO2 is the main greenhouse gas responsible for global warming.